GFP Expression Analysis
Using the LUNA-FL™ Fluorescence Cell Counter
LUNA-FL™ DUAL FLUORESCENCE CELL COUNTERdownload pdf
An easy and popular method to measure the transfection efficiency is to use a GFP gene. For example, by making a fusion protein between GFP and the protein of interest, the expression of the protein of interest can be measured by the presence of GFP protein.
- Table 2. Optical specification of LUNA-FL™
- Figure 1. . Schematic of optical module of LUNA-FL™
By combining the hardware configuration of fluorescence microscopy and the algorithm of flow cytometry, Luna-FLTM has merits of both instruments: reasonable price, no need of special training, no need of a dedicated operator, no maintenance issue, high accuracy and precision, and the applicability to challenging samples.
- Figure 2. A result screen of a typical GFP transfection assay.
- Figure 3. A result screen of a typical GFP transfection assay.
The distribution of GFP intensity and the cell number can be presented in a histogram format as flow cytometry (Fig 4). The graphs of a control and a sample are plotted, and the threshold is determined automatically. Users can manually change the threshold, and the percentage of GFP positive and negative cells will be reflected accordingly.
- Figure 4. An analysis screen.
- Using the LUNA Reusable Slide for accurate cell counting with automated cell counters
- Fast automated yeast cell counting algorithm using bright-field and fluorescence microscopic images
Quick Start Guide2018-12-05
- Logos Biosystems Products